Thursday, May 31, 2007

This is an angry post. I'm sorry if I offend anybody.

to put off happiness in this world in favor of a promise of happiness in the next. This idea terrifies me. To have so much faith in achieving the destination that you're willing to sacrifice the journey seems to me ridiculous. I'm not talking about general morality and "being a good person", I'm talking about painful, life altering sacrifices made for the sake of getting to heaven. Not following goals, pursuing dreams, or accepting love because "it is against the service of God". Who is to say whether or not God would approve? the bible writers? they aren't god, they don't know what He/She would think. Passion and love are virtues, and a life half lived is a life wasted. I cant think that any kind God would want its creations to live in fear, plotting and planning all their life, not on how to best improve their world by being the best they can be, but on how to get into heaven.

No comments: